Sunday, March 29, 2015

C4K #7 and Summary

For my C4K for weeks five, six, and seven, I had a little more trouble than I had before in my past C4K.  Not only did I include my week four C4K in my last summary, but I also had problems with a few of my author's blog posts. Nevertheless, I chose a few students from Mrs. Maslowski class blog that had some really great posts!

For my week five C4K, I chose to comment on Ariel's blog post that described her experience job shadowing at Saint Joseph Hospital near her home. Ariel wants to be a nurse one day and she was very excited to blog about her experience. Ariel said that she spent a lot of time with a cardiac nurse, seeing how they knew what drugs to administer to patients and even what technology is involved in keeping the hospital organized and functioning. I enjoyed reading about her experience at Saint Joseph hospital. In my comment, I introduced myself and told her that when I first started college, I was going to school to one day become an orthodontist. I asked Ariel if she was interested in any specific type of nursing, like cardiac, neonatal, or orthopedic nursing. I left a link to my blog and I am still waiting to hear from her.

For my week six C4K, I chose to comment on Melissa's blog post which was about her feelings toward standardized testing. As a future teacher, I am very passionate about the effects and outcomes of standardized testing so I was interested to see her opinion on the subject. Melissa feels very strongly that standardized testing does not determine your success as a student, or as a person in general. She had great word choice, as well as impeccable grammar and spelling throughout her post. Melissa stated that she had not been nervous during her standardized test, but that other people do get nervous during exams. I replied and told Melissa that I have extreme test anxiety and that it has really hindered my confidence and performance in the past. It was nice to see a student's view on standardized testing and it felt really great to hear an opinion that was so passionate and honest, like hers. What I loved about this post is that Melissa proudly stated her talents and knew that a test that existed on a simple piece of paper did not define her abilities and her intelligence.

For week six C4K, I commented on Jack's blog post about hitting a "dinger". I wasn't really sure
what a "dinger" was, but his context clues led me to believe that a "dinger" is similar to hitting a home run. Jack's post was very confident but he still needed some more information about baseball. In my comment, I let him know that he should add more information about "dingers" and the sport, just so his readers could get a better understanding of his post. Hopefully Jack will be able to add more details so it will give his post more length and more understanding by the reader.

I always enjoy C4K, because I am constantly amazed at the student's opinions and ideas in their post. I can't wait to see what my future students will write about and surprise me with in my future class blog.


Standardized testing in a nutshell

No comments:

Post a Comment