Sunday, April 12, 2015

C4T #3 Summary

Diane Krause was the teacher that I was assigned to for my #3 C4T. I enjoyed looking through he blog posts because she really had a lot of great technological tools, advice and experience that really go hand-in-hand with the things that we have been learning in EDM310.
The first blog post I commented on talked a lot about different websites and online tools. Mrs. Krause had several links to websites such as Computer Science Unplugged and Cord.org for Flappy Bird that are used for getting students excited about creating and using puzzles, coding, science, and technology in the classroom. I was really impressed with all of her resources. In my comment, I introduced myself and told her that her blog would make a great addition to my PLN (personal learning network). She had already mentioned the great advantages of using Symbaloo as a PLN organizer and I told her that I had already incorporated Symbaloo as my primary PLN organizer. I also mentioned how intimidating it could be using technology in the classroom, especially with younger children, but that her blog was very resourceful and had great websites that could help any teacher feel confident with technology in their classroom.
Her second blog post that I commented on was about the presentation program called Sway. Sway is a moder and simple way for students to present and share research and information. Mrs. Krause even shared some students' work using Sway, where they created a presentation about Newton's Laws and sports. Mrs. Krause compared using Sway to Gloster, Prezi, and OneNote all in one. The kid's presentations were really clean and moved so smoothly. So, I decided to go to the Sway website myself and see how it all works. I was really impressed. In my comment to this blog post, I told her how much I really liked Sway and all of its features, and how I would love to incorporate this tool into our big Project #16 lesson plan. In both of my comments I left her a link to my blog, and let Mrs. Krause know that I really enjoyed her blog, and I would love to share resources and tools with her anytime.


                This video shows us how creatively Sway can be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment