Saturday, April 25, 2015

C4T for April

For my final C4T, I was assigned to comment on Ms. Ferguson's blog. I commented on her most recent post, "Infowhelm and Information Fluency." In this blog post, Ms. Ferguson shares a video that gives mind blowing information about the overflow of information and technology in today's society. Ms. Ferguson was truly astonished at the exponential growth of our world's digital output.
I honestly didn't realize how much information and digital output. In 2009, we had reached 500 exabytes of digital output, that's 13 stacks of books that could reach from Earth, all the way to Pluto!
In my comment, I introduced myself to Ms. Ferguson. She had many comments from previous EDM310 students here at South Alabama. I explained to her that I could not believe that our digital output had increased by 10,000% in the last six years! I also told her that we had been discussing our technological uses and advantages in EDM310 frequently this semester and that I have learned a lot about how I can utilize this technology in my future classroom.
 This was my comment to her blog post:
"Ms. Ferguson,
I am another student from the University of South Alabama in EDM310. This video completely astounded me. I knew our digital output was very large, but an increase of 10,000% in the last six years is unimaginable. I agree with this video. With the outstanding amount of information made available to students 24/7, our job as educators should be  that of a tour guide. Asking questions, using appropriate sources, and finding the best answers are all apart of what makes a great 21st century educator. We talk a lot about this in our EDM310 class. If you would like to see some of the things we have learned and created this semester, please feel free to take a look at my blog. Happy blogging! I hope to hear from you soon."

This is the video in Ms. Ferguson's post about infowhelm and today's digital output.

No comments:

Post a Comment