Thursday, April 16, 2015

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy

In EDM310, I have learned so much about technology and how it can be used in the classroom to create, engage, connect, and even at times, amaze students and educators. My philosophy for teaching and technology is that as a future educator, I cannot be a good teacher and ignore the digital age that we live in. Technology coexists with learning and teaching. Technology gives students and teachers the ability to learn more, and open our minds even greater than before because any information that we need to know can now be found at the click of a button. Why would we not want to take advantage of that wonderful tool? By having such incredible access to facts, concepts, and real life information, educators can now focus on the "why" and "how" rather than just "who" and "when". Asking in depth questions, incorporating creativity, and building real-world skills is apart of being able to efficiently use technology in the classroom. In my opinion, educators would be doing a disservice to their students if they chose to not incorporate technology into their classrooms and lesson plans. I will take away so much valuable information away from EDM310, and all of the technological tools I have gained will carry on into every classroom and student's mind that I have.



This video is a glance into a future classroom. Look at all the opportunities education has with continuing and growing technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment